Skip to main content


Get the permits you need to improve your property value

Do you have unapproved building work? Do you want to improve the value of your property? We get it – the red tape can be tedious. Selling your home is already a stressful time without having to navigate your local council’s rules and processes. Let us help.
The Building Approval Company can provide expert advice on retrospective building permits, when you’re not sure if your building work or structures are certified. Not only can non-compliant buildings make it hard to get your house ready for sale, they can also incur fines.
We offer honest advice, efficient inspections and assessments, and reliable certification services for owners looking to sell their property. A pre-sale inspection can provide the reassurance you need, or identify issues and help you address them.

Why choose The Building Approval Company?

Expert Team

Expert guidance from a trusted team, licensed by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) and with global ISO certification

Problem Solvers

We’re skilled in applying modern, low-impact methods to determine retrospective compliance

Client Focussed

We’re fast, experienced and communicate well if issues arise

Get Organised

We can help you organise new approvals if your building permit lapsed before construction work on your home was completed

Frequently Asked Questions for Sellers

Do you do pre‐purchase building inspections?
No – we recommend you Google “pre-purchase building inspection” and your suburb.
I want to sell, but the Council tells me I don’t have a valid approval for my addition?

You have a few options:

You can disclose that information to your estate agent and intend to sell your property as is. The risk with this option is it will likely reduce your sale price.

Another option, is to get the addition approved retrospectively. 

The resolution and certification of unauthorised building work can be a complex procedure and the time and cost associated with the approval of the works will depend heavily on the circumstances, documentation, timeframe, access and workmanship associated with the unauthorised works.

To determine the best approach, we’d recommend our professional staff undertake a Preliminary Inspection to determine the extent of works required – depending on the scale of the project, this will require a small investment of around $400.

My building permit has lapsed, and the building work hasn’t been finalised – what should I do?

Where the building permit has lapsed and cannot be finalised, you will need to contact us to arrange a new building approval. More information is available here.

Contact us now

Send us your plans and we’ll send you a quote with a step-by-step approach to getting your building certified.