Principal Building Certifier, Chartered Surveyor, Access Consultant
QBCC Building Certifier Level 1
MRICS Chartered Surveyor
Accredited Specialist Disability Accommodation Assessor (SDA Assessor)
Livable Housing Assessor
Troy is the Principal Building Certifier and Chartered Surveyor at The Building Approval Company. He is responsible for building certification services provided throughout Cairns and North Queensland. Troy is a qualified Access Consultant specialising as an Accredited Specialist Disability Accommodation Assessor and Livable Housing Assessor.
His extensive experience in building code analysis and building regulation interpretation has developed from six years as a Council Certifier at Cairns Regional Council and eighteen years as a Private Building Certifier, initially working for himself and then as Principal Building Certifier at The Building Approval Company .
Having worked in the industry for over 24 years’ Troy has a working knowledge of over 200 Federal and State Acts of Parliament, Local Planning Schemes, Building Codes, Overlays and various versions of the National Construction Code including 90 different Australian Standards. This experience means he can provide building compliance for all building classifications.
Equal experience as a Commercial Building Surveyor providing commercial building certification on Class 2-9 buildings throughout North Queensland he also undertakes a significant number of building approvals for Class 1 and 10 buildings in the Cairns, Cassowary Coast and Douglas Shire Regions.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Nationally Accredited Building Surveyor No.158
- Accredited Specialist Disability Accommodation Assessor (SDA 00067)
- Livable Housing Assessor (LHA 20148)
- QBCC Building Certifier Level 1 (Class A endorsed) Licence A707525 (unrestricted)
- Bachelor of Building Surveying (Central Qld University)
- Introductory Course to Fire Safety Design (Victorian University of Technology)
- Camping and hiking
- Current Scout Leader and Athletics Coach
- Ability to successfully communicate to all levels of the community
- Willingness to enhance skills and knowledge in multiple areas